Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'M SO EXCITED!

Well, folks that know me know I am a fan of Chris Sligh, a top ten finalist from season 6 of American Idol. He's writing and performing in the contemporary Christian genre, and has put out an incredible album called "Running Back to You." You may have heard his hit single, "Empty Me" on K-LOVE and other Christian radio stations. I've been wanting him to come to Arkansas for awhile now, especially after making drives to OK and AL to see him perform.

My wish has come true! I'm a member of the Junior League of North Little Rock, actually a sustaining member, as I "retired" from active service in May. I've been in for eleven years, and it has been a passion of mine. I love the League and what it has done for the community through the years. Nancy, our president, asked me one day if I thought we might could get Chris to come and do a concert for a League fundraiser, and I told her I had no idea, but I'd ask.

Long story short, he said yes! Chris and his band will be coming to Central Baptist Church in North Little Rock on Saturday, January 17th, 2009. This is an incredible opportunity for the Junior League....this will actually be a benefit for our signature project, Heaven's Loft. We have a store where low income families of young children can spend vouchers (received at pre-natal visits, well baby checkups, immunizations, etc.) on items such as diapers, wipes, infant and toddler clothing, etc. Diapers are our number one most requested commodity, and we're also having a diaper drive for church and school youth groups and the winning group will have a pizza party the night of the concert and Chris will make an appearance.

On top of all this, several of my friends from Chris's blog are going to make the trip to AR for the event. Which means, this girl has got to get off the computer and get started with some major housecleaning. Yes, I know we're three months out. I hope it's enough time. 'Nuff said. : )

1 comment:

Cathy Storms said...

Yep..we're coming and I am so excited!!You don't need to clean house for us though. We're coming to see you, not your house. lol.....