Monday, November 17, 2008

This and That

Well, I'm not doing a super job of keeping this blog updated. Life has been too crazy and busy as of late. But here's a few tidbits....

The tickets for the Chris Sligh concert on Jan. 17, 2009 at Central Baptist Church in North Little Rock are now available at www.jlnlr.org. You can also get them on itickets.com. We are mailing over 500 letters and posters to churches in the area this week, along with info on a diaper drive contest we are doing for Heaven's Loft, (the beneficiary of the concert ticket sales). We want to sell out the house, so if you are in the NLR area or in driving distance, please consider attending. Tickets are $10, so you can't beat that with a stick, and it makes a great family friendly event. And the youth group that donates the most diapers gets a pizza party and a meet and greet with Chris. It will be a great night...don't miss it!

And on another note entirely, I guess I get to cook twice next week. My oldest is coming in on Tues. night as he has to work on Thanksgiving Day, so I'm going to try and cook a mini Thanksgiving meal for him. Then we have to take chicken and dressing to my MIL's house, as it is a request from my family. So lots to do, in addition to two reviews I have scheduled for Mon. and Tues. ARGH!

I have to teach my first workshop tomorrow night...I'm a little nervous about that. It's a 6 hour workshop I have to cut down to 3 hours, so it's going to be a bit challenging. My co-worker, Betty, is going with me to assist, so I'll have backup, which is always good.

I spent some time tonight consoling a dear friend who quit her job after taking much berating from her boss from the last several months. This was her re-entry into the work force in a new field, and this has not been a good experience for her. I'm hoping and praying a fresh start after the first of the year will be just what she needs to renew her self-confidence and get her back in the game.

OK, that's all the time I have for this evening. Back to my workshop preparation. More later!

No comments: